Request an account
Front and Centered is a statewide coalition of organizations and groups rooted in communities of color and people with lower incomes; we’re on the frontlines of economic and environmental change.
Our power is in working together. Groups and organizations rooted in the interests of communities of color and people with low incomes in Washington are invited to join the coalition.
Members must meet at least three of the following criteria and sign on to our Principles for Climate Justice:
- Have equity and justice in their mission, vision, or values
- Staff is comprised of a majority of people of color
- Board or Leadership* is comprised of a majority people of color and/or people with lower incomes
- Decisions, agendas and programs directly center and serve communities of color and/or people with lower incomes.
* Leadership: If you are a group that does not have a board of directors, leadership includes the people directly making decisions and moving the work forward.
Principles of Environmental and Climate Justice:
- Use racial and economic justice analysis to drive decisions
- Follow the leadership, knowledge and expertise of communities disproportionately impacted by pollution
- Use targeted strategies for communities of color, indigenous people and people with lower incomes that create benefits for all
- Recognize the need for a Just Transition which will move us from an extractive economy to a regenerative economy.
Questions? Email email@example.com and someone will contact you.
Briefly tell us about your background and why you are interested in participating